This tutorial tends to animate through the bookmarks in ArcGIS Pro and create an animation. These animations can be exported as Gif, MPEG Movie, YouTube Video, HD720, HD 1080, Instagram, Twitter, and others.
These are the steps followed in this tutorial.
- Create new bookmarks
- Manage bookmarks
- Import bookmarks to animation pane
- Create your animation
- Export your animation
1. Create a new bookmark
The purpose of creating a bookmark is to store the current view extent so you can come back to that same location in the future.
- Navigate to the location or perspective you want to bookmark (for example: The Great Wall of China).
- On the Map tab, in the Navigate group, click Bookmarks and click New Bookmark .
- If the Bookmarks pane is open, you can optionally use it to create bookmarks. Click Manage Bookmarks to open the docked pane.
- In the window that appears, type a name for the bookmark, optionally provide a description, and click OK.
To confirm that the bookmark was created, click the Bookmarks drop-down menu to verify the bookmark was added to the list.
After you create bookmarks for all seven places, you are ready to create the animation.
2. Manage bookmarks
a. Open the bookmarks pane
Under the Map tab, in the Navigate group, click Bookmarks and click Manage Bookmarks to open the bookmark pane.
b. Manage bookmarks
In the Bookmark pane, arrange your bookmarks in the order you want them to be.
- On the Map tab, in the Navigate group, click Bookmarks and click Import Bookmarks.
- If the Bookmarks pane is open, you can optionally use it to import bookmarks. Click Manage Bookmarks to open the Bookmarks pane.
3. Import bookmarks to animation pane
- If the Animation toolbar is not present in your application, click Customize on the Main menu of the application, point to Toolbars, then click Animation.
- After creating bookmarks in ArcMap, click the Animation drop-down menu and click Create Keyframe .
- Check Import from bookmarks and choose a bookmark in the drop-down list.
- Click the Destination track drop-down arrow and choose a track, or click New to create a new track.
4. Create your animation
- Click Create to create a keyframe using the imported bookmark.
- Continue choosing bookmarks in the drop-down list and clicking Create to import all bookmarks as keyframes.
- Use different option in ArcGIS to make your animation nice and beautiful.
You can preview and make changes to your animation. Once you think your animation is okay, it is ready to export.
5. Export your animation
- Once you think your animation is ready, click Movie in Export menu.
- In the export menu, define your destination folder and file name, choose the dimensions to your file. While choosing the file settings because it might take a long time to export your file depending upon your file type and file size.
Navigate to your folder and open your animation.